AusTender plays an integral role in the Australian Government legislative and regulatory frameworks in enabling procurement activities for agencies, as well as serving as a key platform for achieving accountability and transparency around the expenditure of public sector funds totalling over $60 billion annually.
- 744% return on investment
- Increase in service availability and performance
- Increase in agility in responding to demands on infrastructure
- Enhancements of infrastructure support service
The AusTender platform is hosted entirely on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
A range of services are used to support these environments.
The key areas include;
- Servers – EC2 instances running hardened AMIs from Amazon market place.
- Resilience and Scaling – ALBs and ASGs are used to maintain reliable and highly available environments.
- Storage – EBS, S3, Elasticache and RDS for the various data management requirements.
- API – CloudFront, API Gateway and Lambda for API endpoint exposure and request processing.
- Search – CloudSearch is used for document indexing and search capabilities.
- Development – Code Deploy is used for application deployments to the various servers.
- Backup – AWS Backup is the main automated storage retention solution.
- Infrastructure As Code – Cloudformation is used to creation and update infrastructure.
- Monitoring – Cloudwatch is used for visibility of the various environments.
- Security – a suite of tools are used in this space, starting with IAM.
- Cost Management – AWS Cost Explorer is used to keep track of costs and provide detailed report breakdowns.